Saturday 17 July 2010

NonConform Placement

Today, I finished my two week placement at NonConform.
By completing this placement, it has opened my eyes to the working process of this sector; how the company approaches briefs, clients, the bussiness side and keeping a good relationship with client and designer.
Good communication skills are vital to ensure both parties have a gain.
I managed to participate in a number of live briefs that the company were currently working upon.

During my time, I furthered my technical skills and was taught about 'widows and orphans' within typesetting - a topic not taught whilst at university. I covered the spectrum of Graphic Arts and studied under Graphic Design, Illustration, Layout, Typography and Typesetting.

A valuable experience with positive outcomes !

I am also pleased to say that they would like me to return whenever is possible, which was a very warming comment to receive and a hearting way to end my two week placement.

No comments: